Software Engineer - Java
PopShops is searching for an adventurous Java engineer who is passionate about working with large amounts of data.
Does seeing messy data make you shudder? Is your first response to attack and transform it into rich, structured information? You'll work with our senior dev team on our proprietary ETL, directly impacting some of the largest loyalty shopping portals in the world.
- Assume ownership of the overall data feed import processes of over 10,000 disparate and inconsistent product feeds, with hundreds of millions of lines of data from multiple sources
- Design text mining and scraping solutions to augment existing feed data
- Extend and maintain a custom pluggable framework for data importation, transformation, validation and extraction
- Optimize and troubleshoot database issues related to feed processing
- Be able to communicate with the PopShops management team effectively and clearly
Skills & Qualifications
- BS, MS, or PHD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years demonstrable experience using Java
- Extensive experience with very large data sets and rich data models, preferably in a MySQL environment
- Strong pattern recognition abilities, including experience writing complex RegEx
- Strong knowledge of web file transfer protocols, character sets and locales, XML and XPath, as well as command over the pitfalls and techniques for crawling and parsing sites
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Must be familiar with: BSG, SG1, and know that Han shot first
Benefits and perks
- Stock options
- Heath and vision benefits for you and your family
- 401k plan with matching
- Pike Place Market office HQ
- Generous "honor system" vacation and sick policies
- Flexible work-at-home policy
- Company-issued iPad, bottomless Starbucks coffee card, and more
Since 2007 PopShops has been revolutionizing the way affiliate networks, merchants and publishers work together. Our service consolidates, parses, augments, and transforms millions of lines of data around the clock. We combine disparate and inconsistent product feeds into an up-to-date, normalized, searchable, high-performing platform for many of the largest loyalty sites including banks, airlines and credit card shopping portals.
We are committed to rewarding innovation and progress while fostering a fun and relaxed environment. If that sounds interesting, please drop us a line at email@example.com and introduce yourself.